This is an infused cooking oil that I use for making Asian inspired dishes. It is a copycat recipe for the Asian Hot Chili Oil that you can buy in the stores. This oil can be used as a condiment or a cooking oil. Recipe submitted by Tom Chandler (83).
1 Cup cooking oil of your choice (Do not use extra virgin olive oil it will burn)
¼ Cup Red Pepper flakes
1 Head of Garlic peeled and smashed
¼ lbs. Scallions mashed with the back of the knife not chopped
¼ Cup Soy Sauce
1) Heat oil in heavy pan until smoking
2) Add Chili flakes, Garlic, and Scallions fry for 1 minute
3) Turn off Heat
4) Add Soy Sauce cover and let cool ( When you add the soy sauce the water in the sauce will react with the hot oil so make sure you use a big pan or you will have a big mess of hot oil. This is why you should always turn off the heat before you add the sauce so that you don’t chance a grease fire.)
5) Strain and bottle after its cool
6) It has a shelf life 3 to 4 months on the counter and forever in the fridge.