Makes 9-10 fritters
Serves 2-3 people
1.5 pound pumpkin
2 egg whites (from aioli)
1 whole egg
1/2 Cup flour (I used gluten free, any flour will do)
Salt and pepper
1 diced onion
Sprinkle of thyme
Coconut or Veg oil for frying
1. Remove seeds and peel pumpkin. Grate and place in large mixing bowl.
2. Add onion, thyme, salt, pepper, egg and egg whites to pumpkin and mix thoroughly.
3. Add flour and mix until combined.
4. Heat about 1/2 inch of oil in a large skillet, over medium-low heat.
5. Carefully spoon about 2 Tablespoons of fritter batter into skillet, spreading it evenly to make about a 2 inch pancake/patty shape.
6. Fry about 3 minutes on each side, or until deep golden brown.
7. Allow to drain on paper towels or newspaper.
8. Serve with aioli. Enjoy!
Submitted by Jess Lenchitsky and Kelsey Swope