– 2 small dry coconuts, grated
– 2-3 egg whites
– 1/4 – 1/3 cup sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla (or, a cap full)
– nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger (optional)
1. Mix coconut with sugar. Add vanilla, spices (optional) and egg whites, mix well. Mixture should form together easily; you may need to adjust the number of egg whites to achieve the right consistency.
2. Form into 1/2″ balls and place on a baking sheet (or pot cover).
3. Bake at 425 *F for about 25 minutes, until the macaroons are golden brown.
**In the event you don’t have an oven, these cookies can be “baked” on the stove top! Add in one extra egg white, then “bake” in a dry pan over medium-high heat until golden.**
Submitted by Asha Phadke (Gr 85)
Made at the Empress Retreat