– 1 c. dried mung beans
– cup or other glass container
– mesh (can use garlic packaging)
– rubber band
1. Place beans in the cup. Cover with water and soak overnight, at least 8 hours.
2. Secure mesh to the top of the cup with rubber band.
3. Strain off the water, let the cup sit at a downward angle inside of a small bowl so that water will continue to drain.
4. Twice per day, rinse the beans and subsequently let drain in the bowl.
**You will have sprouts in 1-2 days. Store in the fridge for up to a week. Sprouts can be mixed in with lentil dishes, soups, salads or eaten as a snack.**
Submitting by Asha Phadke (Gr 85)
Made at the Empress Retreat